By Henry A. Giroux
Read Online or Download America's Addiction to Terrorism PDF
Best terrorism books
More and more, the ability of a big, complicated, stressed out country just like the usa rests on its skill to disrupt would-be cyber assaults and to be resilient opposed to a profitable assault or ordinary crusade. Addressing the concerns of either theorists and people at the nationwide protection entrance traces, Chris C.
This significant new learn examines the constructing perform of common jurisdiction, in addition to the wider phenomenon of "globalizing" justice, and its ramifications. With an in depth evaluation of the modern perform of common jurisdiction, it discerns 3 traits at paintings: natural common jurisdiction, common jurisdiction "plus", and non-use.
Within the Nineteen Seventies, Argentina was once the chief within the “Dirty War,” a violent crusade by means of authoritarian South American regimes to repress left-wing teams and any others who have been deemed subversive. Over the process a decade, Argentina’s army rulers tortured and murdered upwards of 30,000 voters. Even at the present time, after thirty years of democratic rule, the horror of that point maintains to roil Argentine society.
This publication analyses the increase and decline of the Basque terrorist team Euskadi Ta Askatasuna (ETA, Basque place of birth and Freedom). ETA declared a unilateral ceasefire in November 2011, bringing to a detailed a crusade of political violence that begun within the past due Nineteen Sixties. via the start of the twenty-first century, the overpowering majority of secession supporters agreed that an self sustaining Basque place of birth will be realised via ‘ballots’ and never ‘bullets’.
- The Bloodiest Year 1972: British Soldiers in Northern Ireland, in their Own Words
- Targeting Terrorists: A License to Kill? (Ethics and Global Politics)
- Discourses and Practices of Terrorism: Interrogating Terror (Routledge Critical Terrorism Studies)
- Terror and the War on Dissent: Freedom of Expression in the Age of Al-Qaeda
- The Business of Martyrdom: A History of Suicide Bombing
- Food Supply Protection and Homeland Security (Homeland Security Series)
Additional resources for America's Addiction to Terrorism
America's Addiction to Terrorism by Henry A. Giroux