By Rudolf Pell Gaudio
- The first ethnographic research of sexual minorities in Africa, and one among only a few works on sexual minorities within the Islamic world
- Engagingly written, combining leading edge, ethnographic narrative with analyses of sociolinguistic transcripts, ancient texts, and well known media, together with video, movie, newspapers, and song-poetry
- Analyzes the social stories and expressive tradition of ‘yan daudu (feminine males in Nigerian Hausaland) when it comes to neighborhood, nationwide, and worldwide debates over gender and sexuality on the flip of the twenty-first century
- Winner of the 2009 Ruth Benedict Prize within the type of "Outstanding Monograph"
Read or Download Allah Made Us: Sexual Outlaws in an Islamic African City (New Directions in Ethnography) PDF
Best psychology of sexuality books
American society is not any longer outlined through marriage. this day, an expanding majority of yankee families are headed by means of unmarried women and men. Even these americans who do marry spend at the least half their grownup lives by myself. dwelling on one's personal offers targeted demanding situations looking on one's age, overall healthiness, and situations.
Novembre 1979. Linda Goyette, une jeune mariée de 18 ans, vit dans l. a. région de l’Estrie avec son conjoint. Un soir, alors qu’elle est seule dans son appartement, elle est victime d’enlèvement, de séquestration, de menaces de mort et d’agression sexuelle. Heureusement, son assaillant est arrêté et jugé coupable.
The subject of sexuality and gender in the South Asian context is well timed and broadly mentioned throughout numerous educational disciplines. because the finish of the final century, there were debates within the cultural sphere in India on concerns pertaining to Lesbian homosexual Bisexual Transgender people’s rights, gender, intercourse employees’ rights and caste.
Surely Romantic love has come to saturate our tradition and is usually thought of to be a, or perhaps the, significant existential objective of our lives, in a position to offering us with either our experience of worthy and method of being on the planet. The Radicalism of Romantic Love interrogates the purported radicalism of Romantic love from philosophical, cultural and psychoanalytic views, exploring if it is a subversive strength in a position to breaking down entrenched social, political and cultural norms and constructions, or no matter if, despite its position within the struggle opposed to sure boundaries, it truly is actually a hugely conservative impulse.
- Sexuality, Women, and Tourism: Cross-border desires through contemporary travel (Contemporary Geographies of Leisure, Tourism and Mobility)
- Le Viol: Une Tragédie Planétaire (1) (French Edition)
- Easy Marriage: Expert Advice For Couples and Singles
- Ageing and Sexualities: Interdisciplinary Perspectives
Extra resources for Allah Made Us: Sexual Outlaws in an Islamic African City (New Directions in Ethnography)
Allah Made Us: Sexual Outlaws in an Islamic African City (New Directions in Ethnography) by Rudolf Pell Gaudio