By Denise Baken,Ioannis Mantzikos
What danger does Al Qaeda pose to the U.S. because it keeps to adapt within the wake of the Arab Spring, and what are the group's evolving suggestions for progress and survival the world over? This ebook presents answers.
• Analyzes the Al Qaeda trust that violence is needed to accomplish its objectives and the typical Al Qaeda belief that violence was once used successfully by way of the colonialists and the West, quite the U.S. and France
• Identifies the precursors to Al Qaeda corporations and the way al Qaeda grew to become what it truly is today
• Examines Al Qaeda's enterprise institutions and its ties to piracy and arranged crime, deciding on the possibilities those ties create; in addition to the organization's use of rising technology—especially the Internet—to achieve out to a more youthful, technology-savvy viewers for his or her message
Read or Download Al Qaeda: The Transformation of Terrorism in the Middle East and North Africa: The Transformation of Terrorism in the Middle East and North Africa (Praeger Security International) PDF
Best terrorism books
More and more, the ability of a giant, complicated, stressed out state just like the usa rests on its skill to disrupt would-be cyber assaults and to be resilient opposed to a winning assault or habitual crusade. Addressing the concerns of either theorists and people at the nationwide protection entrance traces, Chris C.
This significant new examine examines the constructing perform of common jurisdiction, in addition to the wider phenomenon of "globalizing" justice, and its ramifications. With an in depth review of the modern perform of common jurisdiction, it discerns 3 developments at paintings: natural common jurisdiction, common jurisdiction "plus", and non-use.
Within the Seventies, Argentina used to be the chief within the “Dirty War,” a violent crusade by means of authoritarian South American regimes to repress left-wing teams and any others who have been deemed subversive. Over the process a decade, Argentina’s army rulers tortured and murdered upwards of 30,000 electorate. Even this day, after thirty years of democratic rule, the horror of that point keeps to roil Argentine society.
This e-book analyses the increase and decline of the Basque terrorist workforce Euskadi Ta Askatasuna (ETA, Basque fatherland and Freedom). ETA declared a unilateral ceasefire in November 2011, bringing to an in depth a crusade of political violence that begun within the overdue Sixties. by means of the start of the twenty-first century, the overpowering majority of secession supporters agreed that an self sustaining Basque place of origin will be realised via ‘ballots’ and never ‘bullets’.
- Fogs of War and Peace: A Midstream Analysis of World War III (Praeger Security International)
- Reclaiming Jihad: A Qur'anic Critique of Terrorism
- Militancy and Political Violence in Shiism: Trends and Patterns
- Europe's Red Terrorists: The Fighting Communist Organizations
- Keeping U.S. Intelligence Effective: The Need for a Revolution in Intelligence Affairs (Security and Professional Intelligence Education Series)
Additional resources for Al Qaeda: The Transformation of Terrorism in the Middle East and North Africa: The Transformation of Terrorism in the Middle East and North Africa (Praeger Security International)
Al Qaeda: The Transformation of Terrorism in the Middle East and North Africa: The Transformation of Terrorism in the Middle East and North Africa (Praeger Security International) by Denise Baken,Ioannis Mantzikos